Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon

Sunday, March 25, 2007

Back To My Old Tricks

Yesterday I persuaded Certain Someone to take a nice drive with me to my favorite shopping mall. For those that really know me I hate malls, and shopping on my free time. But I love The Glen( a little shopping village) in the North Shore. Seeing as I've been pretty good lately with the credit thing, and the weather is turning, I decided to check some things out. The destination I choose was a little gem of a store called Von Maur. Its like a mini Nordstroms with excellent service. I always manage to find a great suite , shoes , or bag there. Certain Someone was so patient and supportive as I tried on my pieces. He persuaded me not to blow my money on another bag and focus on some nice career wear which will also come in handy when we go to Europe in a few months. He even found me some nice wide leather belts on sale to cinch off the outfits. We then focused on his shopping and as usual he managed to bag some watches, shirts,etc. I cracked up as this older sales lady flirted with him on his accent as he purchased a great watch. He in turn cracked up as It seems I cant go into any store or mall without the sales staff knowing me. The accessory lady commented that it must be scary for 'my Husband', when all the sales people know me. Certain Someone chuckled. The sales lady also commented that she hasn't seen me in awhile,and I told her I had to take a leave of absence shopping for a while. I assured her I'd be back perhaps for that Donney and Burke gingham canvas bag, that was my original intent.She gave us a knowing smile.We then went for dinner at this restaurant owned by billionaire Ted Turner that specializes in Bison. I wanted Certain Someone to have his 'steak' without all the cholesterol and fat beef contains. He thought it was tasteless, but enjoyed all the sides and appetizers. We decided to return the Kenneth Cole watch because it had a slight defect after dinner. They didn't have another , so we drove to Macy's . More sales associates recognized me and asked how I was.It didn't surprise Certain Someone. We found the watch and repurchased it at even a lower price ( due to a promotion and unused store credits).He then lead me to the shoes where a very cheerful and busy saleslady became our new buddy. She was the best I've seen in action for a long time and juggled all her customers with ease. She and I persuaded Certain Someone to get a Macy's charge to benefit from even more discounts! He ended up with two pairs of shoes and some other stuff. As usual he surpassed me in the shopping game. Our saleslady wanted to know if Certain Someone wanted to add ' His wife' to his card. He shouted 'Absolutely not!" That's OK , I have my own . I think its cute that everyone thought we were married yesterday. so did he. All in all it was delightful day doing what we do best, spending and eating. When we got home we watched 'The Godfather' to continue our mafia theme from the night before, when we viewed' The Departed'.Today we will do the Costco thing with Auntie Mame and have dinner .She loves her ' nephew in law' and he loves her. Then he's off to Vegas with the boyz and I will have busy week wearing my new rags.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. I always to love to hear from you.

About Me

My photo
Glamah-rous cook and baker. Thanks for visiting. I love to receive comments.

Followers