Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon

Sunday, March 04, 2007

A Whole Lot Going On


Moleskine Diary & notebook 2
Originally uploaded by dja4mower.
This has been a week of contrasts for me. On the work front front things are boring and at times unbearable as usual. I'm still waiting for change and improvement. I do my job well ,but there are so many factors at play . That's why I seek the unusual and unique outside of the job. I decided to turn inward a lot this week. While Certain Someone was away or at work late, I worked on my Chakras, discovered Reiki, and caught up with some old friends. My friend Dr.T and I visited Kat at Circus of The spirit. Its a kind of New Age Fair with a lot going on. Certain Someone s flight was cancelled and I had a introspective Girls Night Out. Kat gave us insightful readings and then pointed me on Reiki. I was kind of nervous, but was willing to give it a try. I lay in a dark room with this man holding my head in silence. I gradually started to relax as 'the spirit ' guided him to place where I needed work. His hand landed over my belly( where I had surgery). Surprisingly I felt renewed. Mind over matter? Certain Someone has been worried about my energy levels. I felt great. This kind of stuff may be weird to some, but its my psychotherapy. The music Circus hall was great with psychedelic images projected. It was like a no drug and alcohol rave. A great way to wind down the work week after dealing with some not so 'beautiful' people on the work front.
Saturday night was a way more traditional. I put on my Angelina Jolie dress( as I like to call it) and joined Certain Someone at his work gala . We worked the room and I got to meet the younger associates he mentors as well as his superiors. I felt I was the perfect corporate girlfriend as I conversed with the wives and girlfriends of others. I met the crew of men he's heading off to Las Vegas shortly with. Looking at the bunch, I'm not worried, They will be to exhausted for mischief after playing golf.The food, drinks, and view were perfect. I only wished I could get Certain Someone to dance a little. He refused. However when we got home he danced a jig on the sidewalk( now that no one was looking). We went to bed happy and content. He's heading off tonight for a hectic week of trips spanning from east to west coasts. I'll have a lot to occupy me this a week with work as well. One highlight I'm looking forward to is catching up with Gabi for dinner. Oh and complete control of the TV while Certain Someones away!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. I always to love to hear from you.

About Me

My photo
Glamah-rous cook and baker. Thanks for visiting. I love to receive comments.

Followers