Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon

Saturday, February 24, 2007

Mardi Gras


Mardi Gras 211
Originally uploaded by lmcmahill.
Last night I co chaired my first and probably last benefit for an organization I'm involved in. As I've stated to anyone who will listen, I burnt out with all my board work and have spent this year"wrapping up" things. So what better way to say goodbye than with a Mardi Gras themed party? The choice wasn't mine but we went with the option. My decorator for the event threw a fit but managed to come up with some spectacular decorations. While he kept saying how tacky it was going to be, it turned out to be fabulous. Like 'ghetto fabulous' with all the bling and razzle. The drinks were flowing and a local New Orleans style Cajun restaurant catered the event. I feel, the day after I had a few too many Hurricane drinks. What really did me over was a Blackberry martini( how fitting for me!). Certain Someone was the patient consort that entertained my female buddies as I made rounds.We have great photos of him flanked by me and my friend J kissing his cheeks.Certain Someone really looked adorable. I should watch out as my girlfriends are starting to see him as the Teddy Bear he is. I hired a musician I had used for other occasions to form a street style jazz band that wove through the crowds. I must say they were the highlight of the event. We had a after party invite,but at midnight my feet were aching. Call me old,but I just wanted to get home to my bed. The reviews were great,but you know how the 'hostess' never enjoys her own event. I had some internal issues going on with board politics, etc, and felt that I did a great job,but really wouldn't miss being involved in the future. A lot of reasons come into play, but at the end of the day I'm a different person and heading to" different places". So the good times rolled last night,and I enjoying the best part of the weekend. Hibernating with my honey as another winter storm approaches. Bliss.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. I always to love to hear from you.

About Me

My photo
Glamah-rous cook and baker. Thanks for visiting. I love to receive comments.

Followers