Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon

Monday, July 17, 2006

Hot As Hell


IMG_0569
Originally uploaded by AMagill.
Well it's Sunday night and I'm waiting for my room to get a little cooler before I go to bed. I live in a old building which manages to contain heat,which is great in the winter, but hell in a heatwave. The heat rises to the top, where my condo is situated. My Air Conditioner is not as strong as I'd like it to be, but I survive. Thankfully summers are brief here in Chicago. I went to the gym earlier, had a nice workout, but didn't dare attempt to even lay out on the fabulous rooftop deck and pool ( which is the place to be during summer in Chicago). Just too damn hot. Certain Someone went golfing in the barbaric heat at the crack of dawn and had himself a good old time. I don't know how he whacked those balls and carried all that stuff across those links. But he's in his element I suppose. We ended up meeting and having Lebanese food later on. The restaurant was sweltering, and we drank Lebanese beer after Lebanese beer to stay cool. Thankfully the movie theater was cool and cozy as we watched Strangers With Candy. I love that off twisted humor of Amy Sedaris. As we left the theater , the night air turned hotter than a bath house in Boystown. I don't know about you, but I can't wait till cool crisp fall. My favorite season. Steam is not sexy.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. I always to love to hear from you.

About Me

My photo
Glamah-rous cook and baker. Thanks for visiting. I love to receive comments.

Followers