Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon

Saturday, July 01, 2006

In Memoriam


Sunset on Lake Michigan
Originally uploaded by jswieringa.
This morning I woke up all excited because I'm going away for the holiday weekend. But then I looked at my calendar and realized I forgot a very important date. Yesterday was the second anniversary of my fathers death. How could I have forgotten such a thing? Its funny because he's been on mind the past few weeks. My friend Paige just lost her mother at the same palliative care unit Daddy died in. Also my friend Johns mothers first anniversary is approaching soon. June is and was a sad month for a lot of people close to me. But June 30 snuck in as quietly as Daddy passed away that evening. I was sitting in vigil by his side for about 24 hours in the luxurious hospice suite overlooking Lake Michigan. His breathing was labored but quiet. I was engrossed in reading , and realized I no longer heard anything. When I went over to check , he was gone. Very quietly he slipped away. Such a different passing than my mothers. I just sat there with him until my friends and family arrived. His body and soul were finally at peace. So yesterday , I , unaware of what day it was,spent the day in relative peace. Life truly does go on, our memories become cloudy, but we never forget.

Daddy
August 28, 1938 - June 30, 2004

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. I always to love to hear from you.

About Me

My photo
Glamah-rous cook and baker. Thanks for visiting. I love to receive comments.

Followers