Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon

Monday, June 05, 2006

Haters


Typewriter
Originally uploaded by aprillynn77.
A few weeks back ,something that rhymes with witch,asked me "What makes you think your life is so interesting, that anyone wants to read about it?" I was taken aback ,regained my composure, and proceeded to talk to the object of her affections , who seemed more focused on me anyway. Everyone went Meow! But her question has surfaced in my brain from time to time. I asked my Auntie Mame, and she called her a hater. I guess I blog because its fun,and I know a lot of great interesting people who keep a smile on my face. In this busy world its nice to unwind at the end of the day and recount the events. I love hearing feedback from my friends who I'm separated from by distance( and it saves on the phone bill!). I'm thankful to Gab's for showing me the way. So in the immortal words of my Auntie Mame, I should have said to that girl... "Don't Be hatein...."

Stumble Upon Toolbar

5 comments:

  1. I think that's the right philosophy - you're writing for yourself, not necessarily for an audience. And no one said she had to read it anyway. I think some people just go through life trying to be killjoys. Best just to ignore them and stay fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:50 PM

    Amen Sister .... if I started to worry over all the rotten things people have said to me over the years, or all the shit advice they proffered as well I would have died years ago. Now look at me ..... I can make my own decisions, I learn from my mistakes, I don't "cry over spilled milk", I can apply my own bandaids and I feel REAL good about myself. You hang in there 'ShopGal', I can understand being a bit 'awkward'in the early days of your 'self awareness' but you will get better, stronger and prettier .... you become your own person and not a pale imitation of someone elses expectations. Now, enough of the psycho-babble, you go out there and enjoy your life and to hell with the detractors. Sounds to me like you've got some nice friends on your side too. Have a nice day now, ya hear !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. An appropriate time for my first comment here I think. I enjoy reading what you have been up to and having been blogging for some time as well myself (although admittedly not too often lately), I think it is a great way to keep up to date with friends who are far away. Keep up the good work lovie and don't listen to the witches ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12:07 AM

    Or you could have said to her:

    I blog about my life because my life is clearly more interesting than yours! Oh, and bad shoes!

    yeeahhh the "bad shoes" comment would have really hit her hard. :p

    Ah, the chick who made that comment is clearly a "fat head" or "tool" as I like to call them. Not worth the effort discussing the blog phenomena when she clearly doesn't want to understand its many purposes.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I always to love to hear from you.

About Me

My photo
Glamah-rous cook and baker. Thanks for visiting. I love to receive comments.

Followers