Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon

Friday, May 12, 2006

Don't Forget Me.....On Mothers Day


Don't Forget Me.....
Originally uploaded by I Shutter.
My mother(who was my best friend) died six years ago. It feels as if it only yesterday she breathed her last breath surrounded by her loving sisters, aunts ,and me holding her hand. I think about her every day. Sometimes, while at my desk,or driving, I instinctively reach out to the phone to dial her,but remember she's no longer here yet she is...
On this upcoming Mothers Day , a holiday I try not to think about much, she's in my thoughts more and more. My mother left me in good hands. I have doting aunts,and great aunts that worry, fuss, and take care of me as if I'm theirs. What would I do without my 'Auntie Mame', who's there to comfort me on my latest heart break or job woe with a bottle of Veuve Cliquot .' Auntie Mame'(who at every occasion stresses that she's not my 'Buddy' but elder aunt ),and I have managed to RAISE CAIN' all over the globe. A underground subway in Budapest , particularly pops into my mind with a smile.
What would I do without my other Aunt', the no nonsense attorney who expects me to show up and share each major holiday with her family. And with whom I occasionally sneak out with after the festivities to take a puff of a forbidden cigarette and shoot the breeze about the latest romance, or whatever. And lets not forget my other aunts and Great Aunts, who are still going strong, and who I can always count on in a pinch for their practicality and old school wisdom.
At work I have a whole other set of 'Moms" who I can crack a joke with, get a hug when I'm feeling down, fret about their welfare, and get unsolicited advice . What would I ever do without them....
I see Mommy everywhere, in my blood relations, co workers, and strangers on the street. My family calls me 'Little Jackie'. My mothers last promise to me was that she'd never leave me,that she'll always be with me. She is.

Jacqueline Curtis Churchill
12/14/46 - 08/12/00

Stumble Upon Toolbar

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful tribute and you're certainly lucky to have all the old dears still looking after you. Reminds me of "Divine Secrets of the Ya Ya Sisterhood". I loved that picture you chose to accompany your post - very appropriate...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:53 PM

    Your Mother is always with you. She's the whisper of the leaves as you walk down the street, she's the smell of certain foods you remember, flowers you pick and perfume that she wore, she's the cool hand on your brow when you're not feeling well, she's your breath on a cold winter's day. She's the sound of the rain that lulls you to sleep.

    Your Mother lives inside your laughter. She's the place you came from, your first home, and she's the map you follow with every step you take.

    She's your first love, your first friend, even your first enemy, but nothing on earth can separate you. Not time, not space...not even death!

    FOR HER LOVE FOR YOU LIVES ON FOREVER, FOR SHE IS A PART OF YOU ALWAYS!!!!!!!

    Love, Mama Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:05 PM

    Sorry about the loss of your mother. I will pray for you that God will comfort you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I always to love to hear from you.

About Me

My photo
Glamah-rous cook and baker. Thanks for visiting. I love to receive comments.

Followers